Sunday, April 22, 2012

EDLD 5388 Week 2

Although part 1 of this week's assignment was somewhat of a repeat from last week, I gained valuable information as far as data collection is concerned. I learned where to look and what to look for. I also completed Part 2 of the Equity Audit which looked at the various Program Areas in our school. These Program Areas include: Title 1, LEP, Bilingual, ESL, Gifted and Talented, Special Education, and At-Risk. I looked at the total number of students who were tested and determined the percentage of students who passed, met standards, and who did not meet standards. I also wrote an analysis report stating several facts listed in the Equity Audit. I then concluded the assignments by writing a detailed Analysis Summary which included conclusions drawn from the various Reports provided through TEA such as the school's report card (AEIS), and the NCLB report card. Overall, it was a great week! I have truly enjoyed each week's lectures. They are very well presented and truly thought provoking. I'm looking forward to the next three weeks of Diverse Learners.


No comments:

Post a Comment