Sunday, February 17, 2013

Action Research Project Progress

Action Research Project Progress
In addition to the program coursework, course embedded activities, and campus supervised activities, I have also completed my action research project. My Action Research Project was What improvement will struggling readers show with the implementation of a web-based reading program?  Throughout the action research project, I was able to successfully: discuss the program goals, implementation procedures and strategies, download and install the Lexia Reading program, collect and analyze data, identify a list of struggling readers, create teacher and student profiles, generate a master schedule, provide interactive web-based training, conduct progress monitoring, and as a final task I will generate an end of the year summative report identifying student improvements.  Furthermore, the action research project offered a means for research and inquiry skills which are lifelong skills needed to become a lifelong learner.  I have further learned through each leadership activity that each day can bring about positive change through new knowledge and understanding.  I endeavor to continue refining my leadership style while familiarizing myself with the attributes and styles of a successful and effective leader through continued action research, latest literature, and personal reflection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment